Friday, August 4, 2023

Chicken Anchovy Olio

I made this yesterday and was so stoked when it came out Supah Ono.  R, thanks for the incentive!!

I followed Didi's recipe, but used anchovy paste (two squirts) instead of anchovy and vermouth instead of white wine (closest thing I could find in the cupboard).  

Izsmom, you should try make . . . was pretty easy!  No need have to do the dredging part. Just pat the chicken dry and sear in hot pan, lower heat and cover to continue cooking.  Then set aside.

IMG_4962

DD'S CHICKEN ANCHOVY OLIO

 

12 oz. chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
garlic salt, freshly cracked black pepper

½ c flour, as needed

2 TB olive oil
½ (2 oz.) can anchovies

2 TB garlic, chopped

2 TB capers, drained

½ c. white wine
salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

6 oz pasta, cooked according to package directions

garnish: chopped Italian parsley, grated parmesan cheese

Generously season chicken pieces with garlic salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Brown chicken in oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Drain on paper towels; set aside. 


Into skillet, dissolve anchovies in remaining oil. Add garlic, capers and white wine stirring until reduced completely. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. 


Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley and cheese. Serves 2.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks easy! and ono! I especially like the no need dredge part. I hate that!
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Okay. Gotta try, thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks perfect! ~r

K and S said...

ooh looks like the dish R had at assagios!

Anonymous said...

When I saw the pic…I started drooling…looks so good. I think I going try make, especially when you said no need dredge and can use anchovy paste. LOL


Izsmom

jalna said...

V, me too. Chef from Assagio on Hawaii's Kitchen video said to use cast iron pan, but too heavy for me.

Aunty, for sure!!

R, was!

Kat, that's why!! He gave me a taste and OMG, I wanted more.

Izsmom, I'm rooting for you!

Kay said...

Kay of Musings: Wow! This looks so amazing!