Thursday, April 6, 2023

Korean Pupu Chicken

I didn't want to waste the oil that I had used to fry some lumpia in so I fried up some chicken too.

I used to make this a long time ago with chicken drumettes, but lacking drumettes I cut up thighs instead.

After you salt and pepper the chicken you dredge in flour and fry.  Right after frying you dunk the chicken quickly for about 5 minutes in a shoyu/garlic sauce and that's it.  The recipe for the sauce is below.  I made half for four good-sized thighs.

It got the "good chicken" approval from Landon. In fact, he took our leftovers to his friend's house to share.

IMG_3723

1 cup shoyu
3/4 cup sugar
2 garlic gloves
2 green onions
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Doable for me! Only thing is deep frying…all that oil…like you gotta at least use the oil twice. LOL

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

looks so yummy! Is this the recipe that all the politicians used to have at their coffee hour election season? I always thought that was the best part of the coffee hour, LOL
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Yum! I LOVE fried chicken. Kind of messy but SO ono!

K and S said...

yum!

jalna said...

Izsmom, I try to use the littlest amount of oil, but it's still a lot of waste to me.

V, LOL. Not sure if it's the same recipe. I couldn't find my old one so I searched online for something similar.

Aunty, I agree!

Kat, yah, so yum.

Susan said...

Ohh neat! I want to try 😋

jalna said...

Susan, very easy!