Saturday, April 8, 2023

Google Translate


The instant translate camera lens feature on Google Translate used to be pretty crappy.  Now it's pretty amazing.


Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 8.24.43 PM

Here are the instructions on an instant ramen package.
IMG_3738.HEIC

Here's a screenshot of the translation. 
IMG_3737.jpg

This is the front of the package with my previously labeled translation.
IMG_3741.HEIC

I expected the fancy brush lettering would stump Google Translate, but it didn't!  It even got the small print on the side.   Pretty amazing, right?!
IMG_3742.PNG

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! Learned something new today. Thanks!



Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

So cool! I always ask my son-in-law to translate for me but with this, I can do it myself! Except....how do I get to Google Translate?

K and S said...

I use this whenever I watch French & Korean news, sometimes translations can be weird but most times they make sense:)

Anonymous said...

J, so cool!! I usually kinda guess but now I can know precisely. -N

jalna said...

Izsmom, welcome!

Aunty, you can get the app on your iPhone from the App Store.

Kat, ho!

N, me too.

Susan said...

I use this a lot. Before I would send a pic to my brother and have him translate.

jalna said...

Susan, it used to be very hit or miss before so I rarely used it.

Anonymous said...

more importantly, where did you get this yuzu ramen!!!
v

jalna said...

V, LOL. My brother got it in Japan. He said it was from a place outside of the Osaka aquarium. It's really good. The shiru and noodles come out perfectly.