Monday, November 7, 2022

Simple Pork Ribs

Landon recently told me that his best friend from high school said that I made the best pork ribs.  I never knew that he felt that way, so when they had a camping get-together this past weekend, I made sure to marinate a batch for Lan to take with him to throw on the hibachi.

I kept a few pieces and broiled them for me and Wendell.  The recipe is so simple . . .  1 cup ketchup, 1 cup shoyu, 1 cup sugar and smashed garlic cloves.  I posted the recipe 14 years ago here.
IMG_2256

You boil the ribs for about 1 hour, then marinate overnight.  This is a double-recipe amount.
IMG_2240

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh so good! And easy! Can you broil or bake them in the oven?

jalna said...

Izsmom, it's very yummy!

Aunty, I broiled ours in the oven, and it's so fast because the pork is actually already cooked.

K and S said...

sounds easy & delicious!

Chet Colson said...

Nice compliment. That can be your signature meat dish. I love ribs; spare ribs, kalbi short ribs, char siu ribs, barbecue ribs. Like when it falls off the bone.

jalna said...

Kat, it is!

Chet, isn't it?! I actually hadn't made it in years.

Anonymous said...

I'm saving this recipe. I'm like Chet and love all kinds of ribs! Hope I can remember to buy ribs the week before my next potluck!
v

Susan said...

This kinda sound like my mom’s bbq sauce! Tks for recipe.

jalna said...

V, great!

Susan, welcome!

R&S said...

We made this tonight! Great recipe!

jalna said...

Ryan, that makes me soooo happy!!