Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Mapo Tofu Mix

 My sister Geri gave this to me.  She said she got it at Don Q for $6.99.

69049024077__77F11B25-C3EA-441C-AA1C-D4D75620E90D

It's made locally by Lumu's Food.
IMG_2370

It came with a bag of Sichuan Peppercorn!
IMG_2359

I first fried up onions and garlic in some oil before throwing in a pound of ground pork.  The bowl on the top is some shiitake mushrooms rehydrating in about 1/2 cup of water.  I put about 2 tablespoons of the mix in the mushroom water to dissolve and added it in along with some water chestnuts and green onions.
IMG_2365

Finally I added the tofu, some oyster sauce, shoyu and diluted cornstarch/water for thickening.  Came out ono.  Landon liked it a lot. 
IMG_2367

A few days later I used the rest of the mix in this Farmer's Breakfast.  That was a hit too!
IMG_2373

6 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks so good! And so much healthier than the other kine mixes. Such a good cook, you are!

Anonymous said...

Oh…I gotta go look for that at Don Q. Looks onolicious!


Happy Thanksgiving!🦃🍁

Izsmom

K and S said...

nice!

jalna said...

Aunty, it was very flavorful! I wish I was a good cook. Thanks but.

Izsmom, I hope you find it!

Kat, thanks!

Susan said...

Wow, the farmers breakfast looks more appetizing with the sauce!

Kay said...

We use the HOT mix in a box from Don Quijote that our daughter introduced us too. What a coincidence that we're just finishing up the left overs tonight.