Sunday, September 25, 2022

Vietnamese Meatballs

I combined different online recipes to come up with this dish.  It came out good. The panko gave it an Italian meatball texture which kinda didn't match so I'm gonna try leaving it out next time.

IMG_1879

We ate it with vermicelli noodles.
IMG_1890

I used this one.  I actually used all that I had and was so happy to find it at Foodland later because no more Asian Market on Beretania anymore and that's where I used to get it.
IMG_1896


Vietnamese Meatballs

1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons white sugar
1/4 cup (? maybe less) finely chopped green onions
2 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
1/2 cup panko

combine and form into balls; fry in oil

Sauce

2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons shoyu
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons sriracha
1 teaspoon rice vinegar

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!
I noticed the market closed. I wo Der what happened. Don quijote sells lots of what they used to have. Maybe that's why
V

Susan said...

Mmm, love meatballs!

Kay said...

You are the most amazing cook, Christine.

Kay said...

Oh good grief! My brain is in a Sunday fog, Jalna. Sorry about calling you Christine. Sheesh! These meatballs made me too hungry.

K and S said...

sounds ono!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Gotta try this one, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Don quixote Kaheka has that brand noodles and rice paper

Anonymous said...

Looks onolicious and refreshing especially on hot, muggy days like yesterday.


Izsmom

jalna said...

V, they shut down "temporarily" at the start of the pandemic, opened up again for a little while and then now looks closed for good.

Susan, me too.

Kay, LOL. I'm not really a good cook, but thanks for the compliment!

Kat, I had been craving it.

Aunty, the sauce is not the typical noodle dipping sauce so it surprised me, but Landon said "she go".

Anon, thanks, I'll check it out next time I'm there.

Izsmom, yah!