Thursday, September 29, 2022

Vietnamese Dipping Sauce

You know that sauce that you dip spring rolls into?  or vermicelli noodles?  That's what this sauce is for.  The recipe is from the Drive Me Hungry site.

Came out good.  Was easy; I just combined all the ingredients together.

IMG_1963


1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon shredded carrots
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 small Thai chili pepper, finely minced

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is one of my favorite sauces. I prefer this one even for my summer rolls instead of the peanut butter sauce.
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

I LOVE dipping sauces. Thanks!

K and S said...

yum

Anonymous said...

I like the dipping sauce.


Izsmom

jalna said...

V, I like that peanut butter sauce too.

Aunty, this one is kinda "fishy saucy" but I like it.

Kat, I wonder if lime juice is the secret ingredient.

Izsmom, I like it so much that I wanna go buy some spring rolls so that the extra doesn't go to waste. LOL.

Susan said...

I discovered this sauce awhile back and glad it’s easy to make.

jalna said...

Susan, me too, glad it's easy to make!

Kay said...

We had a Vietnamese friend we hung out with during our college days and she made Cha Gio (Vietnamese spring rolls) and the recipe for the sauce she gave us was:
1. Smash garlic
2. Add 3 Tablespoon (soup spoon) water.
3. Add 1 fresh lemon squeezed into bowl.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar.
5. Add sliced carrots.
6. Add 4 soup spoons of fish sauce (Patis)

It was very good. I wonder if it would taste the same.