Friday, September 2, 2022

Epicurean Cutting Board

I bought this cutting board over 40 years ago from Sur La Table in Seattle.  I always wanted to get a little bigger one, but thought that it was just too expensive.

IMG_1731

Well, after all these years, I finally got one.  It's an early birthday present from Landon.  
IMG_1723

I mostly like it because it's thin and lightweight, although this particular model turned out to be a little thicker than I expected.  Maybe 'cause it's double-sided with a juice groove.  

I also like the density and smoothness.  And the puka.  It makes it easy to grab on to. 
IMG_1726

IMG_1724

I'm so happy!

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 6.01.34 AM

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! Just what you wanted!
v

Anonymous said...

I forget where I got mines but I have two that look exactly like that, one bigger than the other. I think I got it from the kitchen place at Ward Warehouse. Like you, I like it cause it’s not heavy. Happy Chopping!



Izsmom

jenny said...

What a nice cutting board! What is a juice groove? LOL

Honolulu Aunty said...

What a nice son! At our age, getting stuff that we really want and not stuff we don't need or want is quite special and rare.

Enjoy!

K and S said...

nice! happy birthday!

jalna said...

V, for some reason I was telling Landon how I always wanted a middle-sized version of my favorite cutting board, and he said, "well, your birthday's coming up." Score!

Izsmom, uuuuu, you have them too!

Jenny, I added in a photo of the other side of the board for you.

Aunty, thank you!

Kat, thanks!

Anonymous said...

J, Happy Early Birthday. Love how useful and practical it is.
Landon's a good son. -N

Susan said...

That’s a nice board! I like the patina color of your old one too!

jalna said...

N, thank you!

Susan, me too.

Chet Colson said...

We have a thin cutting board too. It made of hard plastic, it easy to wash.

Erick said...

That's a very cool cutting board. I may get one too.