Sunday, November 15, 2020

Pigment Powder

Guess where I got these from. Swap meet!  Yup, me and the sistahs braved it and went today. The last time we went was on March 15.  We were the only ones wearing masks back then. At that time the CDC was still advising us to not wear masks. Hard for believe, yah. 

Anyway, I got these pigment powder for $1.  You use it to make paint . . . although I'm not really sure how to yet. 

IMG_5892

I felt pretty safe there.  Everybody was wearing a mask and it wasn't crowded. 
IMG_5879

The aisles were marked with one-way signs, but nobody was really adhering to that.  It was kinda hard to. 
IMG_5880

It was HOT.  But fun.  It was nice to get together again after such a long time. 

8 comments:

K and S said...

glad you were able to get out:)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you felt comfortable enough to go out with your sisters. Outside is best especially with the sun (vitamin D, immune system booster).
I don’t like when there is a lot of people around. I try to avoid Safeway on $5 Friday, too many people for me and although supposed to wear mask, some pull it down so their nose is exposed! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Izsmom

jalna said...

Kat, neva hang with the sistahs for long time.

Izsmom, LOL.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Hurray!

jalna said...

Aunty, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jalna: I have dried WATERCOLOR paints in TUBES that someday I will cut open tubes and put in containers and hope to restore with water or GUM ARABIC. There are about 20 or so tubes accumulated over the years. I now buy pans - much easier to use. From Cali cousin Lynn
I hope you can see my comments?!?

jalna said...

Hey Lynn! Nice to hear from you. Watercolor paint seem to rewet easily, so I think you'll have fun restoring them. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Kay said...

I didn't even know the Swap Meet was open again! I really think the CDC said that only because health care workers didn't have enough masks back then.