DISCLAIMER: Feel free to enjoy Donovan's photos, but unless you're fit and studly like him don't attempt this hike.
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
J: very nicely done, congrats Donovan. Beautiful views but too bad the area itself is made an eyesore by graffiti. Why ppl gotta deface the natural beauty of Hawaii. thanks for sharing, -N
I really wanted to do this hike but heard Kamehameha Schools hired security to patrol the area and cite trespassers. Are they allowing people on the trail again?
Thanks, N. I'm learning so much of this video editing stuff, but there is so much more that can be done and some are too complicated for me. Mostly I'm lacking in footage to practice with so I'm glad when Donovan gives me stuff to work on.
Sorry, Myko, I don't really know if the trail is "legal" or not.
My personal home was one ridge over on Mariners Ridge in the 1980's. I have been here. And hiked all along this ridgeline.
That "Cat Walk" is the hanglider and parasail launch point for the guys that fly over Makapuu' all day long!
I have seen Donovans's hikes on youtube. I have encouraged my son to do these kind of hikes. He is going to the UH.
I thought it would be fun for my son to learn the back country and all of the good trails and maybe even make extra money by leading very special hikes.
Anyway....The views are totally awesome!
From my house to the ridge was less than 45 min. for views of a lifetime!
There is a road up to the cat walk Jalna. This used to be a military radar and communications installation area. There is a gate with lock, across the one lane road. And the hanglider club people are somehow allowed a key to the lock. And they have permission to jump off.
this and that
-
saw that local motion is bringing back the kona jacketso nostalgic!I'm so
glad local motion wrote "kona jacket" because the person who posted this on
socia...
Munch On Mi – Liliha, HI
-
Remember the old Foodland on the corner of School and Liliha? Well after
Foodland closed, they turned it into a restaurant equipment place/food
court. I fi...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
10 comments:
J: very nicely done, congrats Donovan. Beautiful views but too bad the area itself is made an eyesore by graffiti. Why ppl gotta deface the natural beauty of Hawaii. thanks for sharing, -N
I really wanted to do this hike but heard Kamehameha Schools hired security to patrol the area and cite trespassers. Are they allowing people on the trail again?
Thanks, N. I'm learning so much of this video editing stuff, but there is so much more that can be done and some are too complicated for me. Mostly I'm lacking in footage to practice with so I'm glad when Donovan gives me stuff to work on.
Sorry, Myko, I don't really know if the trail is "legal" or not.
Beautiful! I'm glad to see the view from the top because I don't think I can go up there.
Me too, Akemi!
Wow, very cool.
My personal home was one ridge over on Mariners Ridge in the 1980's. I have been here. And hiked all along this ridgeline.
That "Cat Walk" is the hanglider and parasail launch point for the guys that fly over Makapuu' all day long!
I have seen Donovans's hikes on youtube. I have encouraged my son to do these kind of hikes. He is going to the UH.
I thought it would be fun for my son to learn the back country and all of the good trails and maybe even make extra money by leading very special hikes.
Anyway....The views are totally awesome!
From my house to the ridge was less than 45 min. for views of a lifetime!
Keep Going Donovan!
I'm wondering now, Mark . . . do those hanglider people have to hike up with their gear?
There is a road up to the cat walk Jalna. This used to be a military radar and communications installation area. There is a gate with lock, across the one lane road. And the hanglider club people are somehow allowed a key to the lock. And they have permission to jump off.
Wow, Mark . . . they have permission and access to do something dangerous. Rare these days.
Post a Comment