Yesterday Les, Erick and I had the unique opportunity of witnessing and photographing a portion of the morning church service held at St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church. Situated on the slopes of Alewa Heights, the church was established in 1986 by members of our Egyptian community. The Coptic Orthodox Church is the largest Church in the Middle East, with about 12 million faithful in Egypt.
Fantastic shoots in spite of the smoke! Your saturation is great, the colors look just like the real thing. I love the shots with the smoke guy. Great shooting job under tough conditions!
Thanks Erick!! I wasn't sure I would have any usable photos because of the hazy conditions, but Photoshop helped put back some pop into them.
Ron, so funny your word verification. The church had some mainland visitors and also wanted some photos to use for promotional material, so we were asked to help them out. Having never seen an Egyptian Orthodox service before, I jumped at the chance.
13 years
-
hard to believe you've been gone for 13 yearssome days it seems like
yesterday, some days notcan't believe you would've been 87 todaythankful
for you alway...
Alan Wong’s – Kahala, HI
-
Alan Wong reopened his restaurant in the Kahala Hotel & Resort earlier this
year. I was super excited to try this restaurant even though I never tried
his…
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
4 comments:
Fantastic shoots in spite of the smoke! Your saturation is great, the colors look just like the real thing. I love the shots with the smoke guy. Great shooting job under tough conditions!
what you doing taking picture in there??
* know what my word verification happened to be for my comment .... "bible"
Thanks Erick!! I wasn't sure I would have any usable photos because of the hazy conditions, but Photoshop helped put back some pop into them.
Ron, so funny your word verification. The church had some mainland visitors and also wanted some photos to use for promotional material, so we were asked to help them out. Having never seen an Egyptian Orthodox service before, I jumped at the chance.
OMG....small world, one of my Downtown employees goes to this church, yes, she is Egyptian
Post a Comment