Thursday, July 23, 2009

My String Bean Action


Inspired by blogger pal Betty's Beef with Fresh Green Beans, I decided to try my hand at cooking up some string bean action.

Betty advised me to microwave the beans first, so after I sliced them up I microwaved them on high for 2 minutes. That was such a good idea 'cause it was so fast to stir fry after that.
I sliced up these chicken lup cheong that my sister Didi gave me and fried them in a pan, . . .
then I threw the beans into the pan and added a little bit of this sauce that I picked up awhile back from Sam's Club . . .
and ended up with this. Surprise!!!!! It was good! Shocked da hell out of me.
I was on such a roll that I decided to whip up some fried chicken too . . .
NNNNOOOOOTTTTTT . . . I bought it from Whole Foods. It was just okay, not that great. My lup cheong with string beans was better. Hooo hooo!!!

8 comments:

SW said...

I'm soooooo hungry just looking at the pictures!! Great shots of the string beans..they looked so nice and fresh.

SW said...

By the way, forgot to mention.. nice blog header...

Betty Townsend said...

Yeah, Jalna!! This looks so ONO!! I want some, any leftovers? You made your green beans so pretty the way you cut them. :) Fried Chicken, umm, I can't even fry it so it looks like that. hahahaha!! I'm sure your family enjoyed your dish.

Roger said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy the pictures and comments on your blog. The string bean dish here looks so good. Since I'm a vegetarian I'd probably use tofu instead of the lup cheong. I wonder if that would taste good? By the way, I noticed that you changed the picture at the top of your blog. Where is that? Looks like a nice place to take a stroll and relax. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures!

Leslie's pics said...

i would say that I would like to taste this but I don't like lup cheong... :P blah...

jalna said...

Thanks everybody!

Shun-Wah,thanks for helping me with the header. . . still gotta work on getting it wider.

Betty, I think my family did enjoy the dish, but I think I liked it the most.

Roger, tofu sounds GREAT! I took the picture at Waimanalo Beach Park the day of the youth summit.

Les, I didn't know you don't like lup cheong . . . thought I knew everything about you . . . hahaha.

Erick said...

I am so proud of you! You cooked something and it tasted good too, Wow, Great photos too!

jalna said...

Ahahah, thanks Erick. Three-ingredient recipe . . . my style.