Last night's dinner. Ho da ono. You make it with uncooked rice. After you sautee everything together, you cover and simmer for 40 minutes. I act like I know, but Wendell made it. The recipe is from Hawaii's Best Local Dishes.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Jalna,
I tried making this. Flavors came out ono but the meat was slightly tough and chewy. I used Ohana grass fed 90/10 ground beef from Times. Maybe too lean? What type of beef you usually cook wit?
Downwinding 10-03-2026
-
Wind: Trades starting...
The gang is frothing even though the wind is light!
9 Strong today!
Mahalo John for this pic!
Way better than I thought at ...
kaki kimchee
-
while scrolling I came upon this kaki kimcheeFor 2 kaki (persimmon) :
@ginahomecook1 tablespoon salted shrimp (strain shrimp and use only
liquid)1 tablesp...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
2 comments:
Jalna,
I tried making this. Flavors came out ono but the meat was slightly tough and chewy. I used Ohana grass fed 90/10 ground beef from Times. Maybe too lean? What type of beef you usually cook wit?
UncleBoy
Hi UncleBoy. Wendell actually made this. He usually gets the ground beef from Costco and it's usually pretty oily. LOL. Glad you got to try it.
Post a Comment