Friday, May 30, 2014

Costco's Chicken Empanadas


This is on sale at Costco right now.  This two-pack is only $6.99 (It's $2.50 off the regular price of $9.49).  Wendell bought it because he said that the sample he tasted was good. 
IMG_4708

You can either bake it like we did or microwave it.
IMG_4729

Here's the filling.  It was very tasty . . . mildly spicy.  
IMG_4748

Landon made this rice dish to go with it.  There's no recipe.  He just threw together some rice, olives, tomatoes, cheese, kidney beans, taco seasoning and adobo seasoning.  He put it in the oven for a little while with the empanadas.
IMG_4739

6 comments:

Lorna said...

Wow, between you, Wendell and Landon, the culinary offerings are da bomb! I want to move in with you guys.

jalna said...

LOL. Thanks Lorna. Wendell and Lan, yes. But not me.

Anonymous said...

Landon just 'threw it together' geez, I need a recipe. Looks all yum. -N

Susan said...

Yeah, me too, I'm with Lorna!

Erick said...

Yum, Landon's dish looks great.

jalna said...

N, that's the first thing I said to Landon when I saw his rice . . . "I don't suppose you have a recipe, right?"

Thanks Susan!

It was a perfect fit, Erick.