Thursday, June 30, 2011

Didi's Grilled Corn


This is what I was trying to post last night.  Glad Blogger fixed the problem.  They've been having a lot of issues lately. 

I liked the ko-ge (burnt) part of this corn the best.

IMG_3270

8 ears yellow or white corn
Salted water as needed


Sauce:
¼ c. soy sauce
¼ c. mirin
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 quarter size ginger, peeled, crushed

In a large saucepan over medium high heat; cook corn in boiling water 3-5 minutes. Drain well. In a saucepan over medium heat; bring soy sauce and mirin to a boil. Add garlic and ginger, simmer 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Cook corn on charcoal grill; basting with sauce until cooked to desired charring. Serves 8-12.


IMG_3297

12 comments:

K and S said...

that looks so ono!

SW said...

looks soooo good..I always wondered how they were made... I could almost smell the corn!

Erick said...

This is how the Manoa Konganji does their corn at the bon dance. So ono! When I come back in my next life I want to be like Didi and make ono food.

Betty Townsend said...

I bet this was good...then thought about basting the corn...we just usually put it on the grill with the husks on. Will have to try this way...

Les said...

uuuuuuu, that looks soooo yummy....

jalna said...

It was good Kat.

Shun Wah, when I make it, I just use Yoshida sauce. So lazy yah.

You already do make ono food, Erick.

On the grill with husks on, Betty? Hmmm . . .

I remember munching into that buttered corn at that family fair we went to years ago Les. That was good.

mmiissee said...

oooohhh yummy....

Betty Townsend said...

Yeah, you soak the corn, husks and all, in some water for about 30 minutes then shake some of the water off. Put it on the grill for about 20 minutes, pull the husks off and enjoy. We do it the same time as when we're grilling what ever. It doesn't need salt or butter...so good! :) I wanna try Didi's way some time...

Les said...

we went to a family fair? hahahaaa! Which one? I got alzheimers!

jalna said...

Very yummy Mmiissee.

Les, to refresh your memory, click here .

OkiHwn said...

I usually open the corn husks and remove the silk. Then smear on butter (a lot). Close up the husk around the corn. Then wrap in foil and put on the grill for 15~20 minutes turning every once in a while. Come out with very ono corn!

jalna said...

Hoooooo Nate . . . sounds so ono!