Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gyotaku in Niu Valley

We had a $40 gift card to Gyotaku so me and Wendell decided to splurge tonight. They don't take reservations so I called before going and asked how long the wait would be. Although the girl said it would be about 15 minutes they seated us only a few minutes after we arrived. Everything was really, really good.
We started off with the Crab Cake Lettuce Wrap ($9.95)
This is the Agedashi Tofu ($4.95)
Wendell ordered the California Sushi/Tempura Set ($19.95). It came with this sushi assortment . . .
miso soup and salad . . .
and a tempura assortment. He actually sumo sized it with 2 more shrimp tempura for an additional $4.25.
Here is my Crunchy Tempura Roll ($9.95)
and my Smoked Salmon Salad ($8.95).

4 comments:

mmiissee said...

I like this place...it's sort of fancy to me compared to their other restaurants. The food is good too.
Oh, btw, you must try their Green Tea Shave Ice...it's sooo yummy.

jalna said...

Next time I'll have to save room for the shave ice, mmiisee!

Betty Townsend said...

All the food looked so yummy. You both ate very well!

jalna said...

Ahahaha Betty, me and Wendell always order so much food.