Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tysha's Edamame Rice


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYSHA!!! Tysha is one of my favorite people at work. I just love her, and today is her birthday. I thought it appropriate to do this post today. Tysha brought this rice dish for after our football game a few months back, and it was soooo ono.

Unlike sushi rice, the taste is very subtle so I like to put plenty furikake on my serving.
This is all you need . . . just my style of cooking.
I turned the jars around for this shot so you can see what to buy.
You mix the seasoned mushrooms and soy beans into the rice . . .
and add the furikake just before you eat.
Leslie dropped off some cupcakes for Tysha's birthday. They were S'mores Cupcakes . . . you know they were excellent . . . but that's for another post.

4 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Jalna, this looks good. Do you heat the edamame first. And do you use the whole jar of the seasoned mushrooms? How many cups of rice did you cook? I've never had this before, I'd like to try it. And do you eat anything else with it?

jalna said...

Hey Betty. My edamame was frozen so I did heat it up in the microwave. I made about 6 cups of rice (had lots left over) and I used about 2/3 of the edamame and mushrooms. You do need some other dish to go with the rice. I just made a serving tonight with the leftovers and had it with a little bit of salmon that Wendell fixed.

Betty Townsend said...

Thanks Jalna. I dreamt about this last night for some strange reason. I made some and was going to a potluck or something. hahahaha. I'm going to have to try it for real, though.

jalna said...

That's funny that you dreamt about it. Hahahaha.