Monday, December 22, 2008

Sam & Syd's

After our swap meet outing we went to eat at Sam & Syd's. It's at 2153 North King Street, almost at the very end of King Street. We've been going there for ages . . . since it was called Elena's and then Sari Sari and now Sam & Syd's. The taste of the food hasn't changed to me. It's still REALLY good.
This is the Sari Sari ($8.25). Always very tasty.
It was the first time for me to try the Squid Guisado ($8.25) . . . not my cup of tea. I liked the texture, but it tasted a bit too much like bait.
Sweetie introduced this to me. . . the Shrimp Sarciado ($9.95) . . . really, really good spread over your rice.
This is the pancit ($7.25).
And my favorite Fried Pork ($8.75). They marinate it for a day in vinegar and chili pepper and then fry it up for you before it's served. Sooooo ono!!

4 comments:

Erick said...

My three favorite dishes, sari sari, prawns sarciado and lechon! You making me so hungry!

Betty Townsend said...

Yummy!! Can't get this kind of food here. There was a Filipino restaurant that opened in Davis about 40 miles from here. That's where UC Davis is. Anyway, we went over to eat there once, had chicken adobo, was so ono. Sadly, the owner closed the restaurant. Not enough business. I think there may be a Filipino restaurant in the south part of town, don't know for sure or even where it is.

jalna said...

Wow, hearing from you Betty makes me appreciate the different variety of food we have here.

Betty Townsend said...

I often tell people one of the main reasons I visit Hawaii (home) is to eat all the ono food that we can't find here in California. I'm keeping notes of where you eat so I can try them when I go home again. Thanks!!!