Friday, October 24, 2008

After Work - 10/24/2008

I went to Costco after work today to pick up this iced tea. The last time I was there, the checkout girl mentioned that she had heard it was good, so I've been wanting to try it. It's made with tea, pineapple juice and Maui cane sugar. It's very refreshing, but I think it tastes more like juice than tea. It was $15.99 for a 12-pack.
While I was there, I saw two people with this cream puff tray in their wagon, so of course I had to get it. It was good, but one was too much for me to eat at one time so I had to share it with Wendell. It was $6.99 and there's eight in a tray.
I ended up spending 70 bucks, and all I really wanted was the tea. Anyway, after loading up my car I had to snap this picture 'cause the sky was just so gorgeous.
When I got home Landon was fixing dinner. I quickly scarfed one of these potato wedges. Was ono. He said he slathered the potatoes with mayonnaise, sprinkled garlic salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Then he baked them for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees. He said for the last few minutes he raised the temperature to 420 degrees to get the outside crispy.
He also made these braised short ribs. He didn't use a recipe but said something like: Salt, pepper and flour the ribs and brown in a frying pan. Then in a big pot saute onion, carrots and celery in a little vegetable oil. After it caramelizes add garlic cloves, bay leaves and thyme. Saute for a few minutes then add the meat and tomato paste to the big pot. When everything starts to darken but just before it burns, add some wine . . . lots of wine and couple cans beef broth. Simmer. Something like that, anyway.I went outside to get something and I saw the sky. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a few shots . Within minutes it was gone.

No comments: