Per Didi: This is a keeper…..
Me: That grilled cheese(?) sandwich!!
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SOUP
2 TB butter
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
28-ounce; can whole tomatoes, crushed roughly by hand
2 c. chicken stock
4 oz. heavy cream
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
*¼ tsp.+ baking soda, as needed
Pinch cayenne pepper
½ c. fresh basil leaves, loosely packed, chiffonade
In a large saucepot over medium heat saute carrots and onions in butter. Cook, stirring occasionally until butter starts to brown, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil and stock. Lower heat to a simmer stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours. Taste for seasoning; add salt and pepper as needed. *If acidity level is high for you add baking soda as needed.*
Soup will foam up; continue stirring. Taste again. With an immersion blender puree soup to desired consistency. Stir in cream and cayenne to taste. Stir in basil just before serving.
Serves 4-6.


18 comments:
I never used to like tomato soup as a kid but as I got older I like it especially with a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum!
Izsmom
Looks so ono! Too much work for me but what a meal that is with the grilled cheese sandwich!
I'm with you....the grilled cheese sandwich!!!
v
looks ono
Dd is such an amazing cook.
I thought it was a bisque initially. That grilled cheese sandwich 🥪 is browned perfectly 👌
Me too.
Perfect match!
🤤
Totally!
She really is!
I want!
My friend and I used to go to apple bees for their tomato basil soup and clam chowder. I need to try this for sure !!
I hope you get to try!
Hey sistah...dat was Tuna Melt ;-}
Hey Chet....Dd here.....the key to perfect Grilled Sandwiches... MAYO !!
Aaaaaah!!! Even better!!!
Uuuuuuuuu,
Post a Comment