Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Kikkoman Shaku Shaku Shoyu


Pal Cleta picked this up for me from Marukai sometime last week.  It was on sale for $2.79. I tried it last night.

It's an oil-based condiment with the "umami of shoyu and aroma of garlic. You can use it on rice, musubi, tofu, pasta and salad."

IMG_1548

The pouch is made to be opened like this, and they advise you to use a small spoon to stir.
58260945470__2730AA4E-0858-43C2-B80D-5CDC021F0BCF

It's very much like a rayu (chili oil) condiment but minus the spice. 
IMG_1552

I had planned to eat it with only this much rice, but after one bite I said, "forget that" and ate a whole bowlful. 
IMG_1551

Thanks Cleta!!

Update on Vitamix:  Wendell said the blender worked real good last night . . . so 🎉 YAY!!

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Marukai - only got the Dillingham one and I need membership? Hmmm. Maybe worth it because this looks SO good! I love to put sauce on everything.

Leslie's pics said...

uuuuuuuuuuuu i wanna try that!

Anonymous said...

That looks onolicious. I wonder if they have that at Don Quixote? Yay that the blender works great.

Izsmom

K and S said...

sounds delicious & whoo the blender works:)

Susan said...

That would go well with my "not as good as white rice"...brown/red rice!

Kay said...

Mmmm… That looks very tasty.

Chet Colson said...

Looks so ono.Just like potato chips,can't just have one bite.By way,the wood ear mushroom that I won from your Japan giveaway,I finally had some.I added it to Vietnamese pho,excellent.Thank you!!

jalna said...

Aunty, maybe try look Don Q first . . . 'cause didn't Don Q buy out Marukai? Not real sure now but.

Les, tryyyyyy!

Izsmom, I going try look Don Q. I don't go to Marukai too much anymore since they closed the town branch.

Kat, yah!!

Susan, I think so!

Kay, it is!

Chet, ooooh, I forgot that i included that in the prize. Yah, that's a good one!