Sunday, May 12, 2019

Masking Fluid


I drew this fish yesterday and lined it with masking fluid.

IMG_1304

I bought this from Walmart a long time ago for $5 something. I haven't seen it there since, and the cheapest I can find it now is twice that price.
IMG_1312

I got this contraption from Amazon for $7.99.
IMG_1307

This is the most fun part. After the masking fluid dried, I painted the fish and then puuuulllled the dried fluid off. 
IMG_1309

Cute yah. I saw this fish awhile back online and finally got to try it myself.
IMG_1315

11 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, that was a neat trick!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors! Happy Mother’s Day! 💐❤️💐

Izsmom

Susan said...

Really nice! I like the gradual color choices! Is that the contraption needed to spread the glue?

K and S said...

so so cool!

jalna said...

Mich, it's fun too.

Thanks Izsmom.

Susan, the contraption is actually made to be used with ink. It only kinda works with the masking fluid. I was hoping it would make finer lines. I've also used an inexpensive paint brush that I predip in soapy water first so that the dried fluid comes off the brush easier later.

Kat, I think so too!

jenny said...

Oh my gosh that is so awesome! And sorry to overuse this phrase, must be so satisfying to peel off and see the final product!

Anonymous said...

j: you're a one woman craft shop! Dang the more deeper you get, the more neat and cool stuff you do! That home is so lucky to have you and your talents! -N

jalna said...

Jenny, soooo satisfying! LOL.

Awwww, thanks, N!

Leslie's pics said...

neat-o!!

jalna said...

Les, I know!!

celia said...

Love your fishy and because of the masking - this looks like batik.