Monday, February 18, 2019

Easy Sour Cream Pound Cake


I wanted to use the free sour cream that we got with Safeway's monopoly game piece so I decided to bake a cake. 

The easiest thing I could find online was Paula Dean's recipe found here.  It called for only 1/2 cup of sour cream so I'll probably make it again one more time. It was a bit sweet so maybe just 1 cup of sugar is 'nuff. Baking time for me ended up at 1 hour. 

DSCF5671

Ingredients

  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 3 large eggs 
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 cup sour cream 
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar 
  • 1 cup room temperature butter 
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time. Add vanilla.
Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Looks good!

K and S said...

yummy!

Anonymous said...

That looks scrumptious! I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at the pic.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Susan, I liked that it was really easy.

Kat, 😋

Izsmom, LOL, I know what you mean!

Chet Colson said...

Just looking the pictures, I put on a few pounds. Brok da Mout.

Kay said...

Your photos always make everything look so yummy!

jalna said...

Hahaha, Chet.

Thanks, Kay.

Leslie's pics said...

wow it looks really good! looks like it turned out perfectly!