Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Koko Head Park

I checked out Koko Head Park this morning before work to see if it had potential as a site for Christmas card picture taking.  I found myself at the start of the path to Koko Head Crater looking at this collection of photos draped over these pipes.  I wonder what it means.

IMG_4864

IMG_4860

IMG_4857

Update:  My friend Linda suggested I google some of the names.  I did and found this:  343 Firefighters.  The pipes must be water pipes for firefighters to use in case there's a fire in the area.


I found several areas in the park that looked interesting . . .  so I'm gonna try and do the next three shoots there.  Sure hope the pictures turn out okay.  Gonna be a different look from East West Center at least.  We'll see.

I saw these pokey stuff near the path to the crater.  The light was shining on um just right.  I superimposed two different textures to get this look. 
 IMG_4879a

7 comments:

Erick said...

Cool! Let me know how the place works out.

K and S said...

hope you find out what those photos mean, kinda freaky!

jalna said...

I will Erick.

Me too Kat!

Betty Townsend said...

I'm curious to hear too what all those pictures are there for...

jalna said...

Hi Betty, I have an update with a link. They're firefighters who lost their lives on 9/11.

Leslie's pics said...

oooh, that place get pleny potential!! I like go with you one day...well, maybe after you take me to east-west center :|

jalna said...

Hahaha, yeah Les, one day when we can get coordinated.