CQ bought Japanese candy to use as decoration for her daughter Kaori's birthday party. These are the candy she didn't use. I saw this tray on the table in our lounge for people to eat. I quickly snatched the whole thing. Not that I'm a fanatic about taking pictures of everything and anything, but aren't the candy soooo pretty. . . they look like jewels to me.
Les, that's so funny. I was thinking the pictures came out looking like my marbles. I didn't do it on top of my car this time. I used window light and put the candy on top of a 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of paper bending up in the back, atop my messy dresser.
Betty, I think at least some of the candy if not all are hand made. I tried to look for a you tube video or something that explains how they're made, but I couldn't find any. The candy is called "kumi ame". Rolls of different colored candy are put together to create patterns. The combined rolls form one big roll which is stretched out and then sliced.
I was just thinking about how you took these. They look like pieces of colored glass. Sooo pretty. Your white balance came out perfect, even w/ just natural light...
Aloha Friday 10-02-2026
-
Waves: 1 - 2 Feet
Wind: Light
Plenty good waves on this Aloha Friday!
Aloha F4
Aloha Waikiki
Aloha Joe
Aloha Eric laying it DOWN!
...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
this and that
-
noticed these cranes...if you’ve been reading our blog you know that the
beige brown building in the photo took most of our view of Mount Fuji when
it was ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
8 comments:
where did you take these? On top of your car again?? Came out really nice!
Oh wow, these are gorgeous! They almost look too good to eat, huh. Such beautiful colors. These are not your ordinary "run of the mill" candy!!
Les, that's so funny. I was thinking the pictures came out looking like my marbles. I didn't do it on top of my car this time. I used window light and put the candy on top of a 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of paper bending up in the back, atop my messy dresser.
Betty, I think at least some of the candy if not all are hand made. I tried to look for a you tube video or something that explains how they're made, but I couldn't find any. The candy is called "kumi ame". Rolls of different colored candy are put together to create patterns. The combined rolls form one big roll which is stretched out and then sliced.
I was just thinking about how you took these. They look like pieces of colored glass. Sooo pretty. Your white balance came out perfect, even w/ just natural light...
Extremely cool! Love the colors and I like the isolated portrait feel to the shots. The candy is so amazing too, looks like glass. Wonderful shooting!
haven't seen those in years.
Spectacular photos....Vince, Seattle
Post a Comment