Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jalna's Garlic Edamame


I like Side Street Inn's Garlic Edamame, so I looked for the recipe online and found this Star Bulletin recipe

IMG_3182

But you know how I'm too lazy to go through too much trouble when I cook, so I did it my lazy-man way and used these ingredients instead of following the recipe exactly.
IMG_3174

I melted one WHOLE blocka butta with a whole lotta chopped up garlic.
IMG_3177

Then added about 2 tbs of this awesome Meyer lemon-flavored olive oil .
IMG_3179

Not sure how much of this Yoshida sauce I used . . . 1/4 cup?  1/2 cup?
IMG_3180

Add about 2 pounds of soy beans and stir around.  Turned out yummy.   I took this to Mano's birthday celebration at Ho'oulu 'Aina and it was a hit!
IMG_3181

8 comments:

Erick said...

Wow, so easy and looks so ONO too! You so multi-talented.

jalna said...

I'm just lazy Erick.

K and S said...

nice!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat.

Dd said...

Your version is good, if I am not mistaken, Side Stret's uses a "compound butter"...who is gonna make that !

jalna said...

*Ahem*, Didi . . . you would.

Betty Townsend said...

YUM!! I love how you like to improvise on recipes and they come out so good!! Like Erick said, you are multi-talented... :) Was that Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce?

jalna said...

Yes, Betty, it was Yoshida's Gourmet sauce. I just love it.