Saturday, June 25, 2011

Didi's Kim Chee Pork


I woke up at 9 this morning.  I usually get up at around 6:30.  The staying-up-late-crochetting thing is making my body clock all messed up.  I feel jet lagged.  I'll show you pictures of my latest creations later.  In the meantime . ..  ta daaaaa . . .. Didi's Kim Chee Pork recipe!


IMG_3210

2-3 lbs. pork , butt, shoulder or pork steaks, sliced *
Wooden bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes


Marinade:
3 cloves garlic minced
2-quarters ginger, peeled, minced
4TB ko choo jang sauce
4 TB chili garlic paste
4 TB sriracha sauce
2 TB honey
2 TB oyster sauce
2 TB soy sauce


In a mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients. Marinate pork 1 hour. Thread pieces onto skewers. Grill over charcoal until cooked through. Serves 8-10. Optional to marinate pork “steaks,” cook as desired and slice for service.

Note from jalna:   So Didi, what is pork steaks?  And where da kim chee?

9 comments:

OkiHwn said...

Hoo...sounds potent!

jalna said...

Nate, it was very, very tasty and very potent!

Dd said...

Pork Steaks is like pork shoulder/butt, sliced. All the markets sell them. The kim chee, well it's the sauce of course ! All the ingredients I use to make kim chee

jalna said...

Ooooohhhhhhh!!

mmiissee said...

Looks delicious....thank you for the recipe Didi ^_^

Mariko said...

AH!@ I want this right now. I got no pork. I do have some steak in the fridge, though. I wonder if I could substitute...?

jalna said...

Mariko, I don't doubt you can do anything when it comes to food prep.

Betty Townsend said...

I saw some of Didi's recipes on a website I "liked" on Facebook. I forget what the name is now...I think Cooking Hawaiian or something like that. I'll have to check... :)

jalna said...

Yeah Betty!! A lot of her recipes are on that site.