Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby Bear Beanie

I know some of you are waiting for the recipes from yesterday's feast, but I just had to show off my newest beanie.  Isn't it cuuuuuute!!  If you can crochet even just a little, you can make it too.  The instruction video is on my earlier post called I Learned How to Crochet!   I couldn't follow it exactly 'cause for some reason . . . dunno what I'm doing wrong . . . but I'm always off in my measurements.  When she says I should have six stitches left to go, I got twelve.  When she says it should be 5 inches across, I'm like 6 or 7 inches.  I keep having to unravel . . .  but I finally finished it and it's sooooo cute! 

IMG_3351

Recipes coming from tomorrow. I promise.

16 comments:

Les said...

one step closer to the ear thingys!!!

OkiHwn said...

Hey, no pictures of Kona for some time?

jalna said...

Maybe Les.

You're right Nate. I wonda if he would wear a hat.

gracie said...

cute is right!! i loved the colors you used, too!

jalna said...

Grayce this was a multicolored cotton yarn. First time using cotton for me, and it was so much easier to work with . . . not as stiff.

Erick said...

So cute! Too bad he no can see, where the eyes?

K and S said...

man! you are good at this!

jalna said...

I think I'm gonna have to put eyes Erick. That's what everybody says!

Thanks Kat, it's only single crochetting in a circle!

Betty Townsend said...

You are totally awesome...you go all out when you find a new interest. Love it!!

I am home from my Alabama trip. It is super HOT here...just like being in Alabama except for the humidity...

jalna said...

Hahahaha. I know Betty . . . I go berserk! It's not really hot here yet . . . kinda windy in fact.

Susan said...

I would buy this for my grandson! He'd look as cute as a bear!! Now why did I know you were going to do one with ears next!!!

jalna said...

Susan, try make um! You're only making circles. The hat itself is kinda a big circle, the ears are two circles folded in half, and the snout is a circle with stuffing underneath.

Mariko said...

What the freakin' heck. That is so cute I can HARDLY STAND IT. I want one for my baby but I have very little confidence in my skillz.

jalna said...

HAHAHAHA, Mariko! I totally lack confidence in ALL of my skills!

Jose Roces Photography said...

can I buy this?

jalna said...

I'll email you Jose.