Thursday, July 8, 2010

Les' Salmon Tofu Patty


Leslie worked at King today! And she brought me lunch! It was sooo ono.

She said that all she did was mix some salmon and hard tofu together and added salt, pepper, bread crumbs, an egg and green onions. And as if it wasn't already healthy enough, instead of frying she grilled it!


IMG_9259

After I had eaten almost half I realized that I should take a picture of the bun. I totally loved it. I think it was whole wheat. Leslie said she got it from Costco . . . a pack of 24 sells for only about $6.50. It's made by Oroweat and is only 100 calories for the two pieces. She said it freezes really well, and that she would give me some. I said, "Nah, no need . . . really . . . no need . . . really . . . "

IMG_9262

18 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

ok, that soooooo didn't look appetizing....I need to add some color or something. If I remember you'll get a treat via interoffice mail tomorrow :)

jalna said...

Hahaha, sorry my bad. I should've gone for the window light instead of office fluoroscent, but I wanted to hurry up and take the picture so that I could eat it.

Dd said...

I JUST bought these buns from Safeway....$3.99 for 8...ono

jalna said...

Les did mention that they were at Safeway also.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, this looks good. Love salmon!

jalna said...

I love salmon too, Betty.

Dd said...

PS-they are called "Sandwich Thins" makes me feel so good eating them, coz only 100 calories, I had 2 of them this morning with butter and cinnamon sugar

jalna said...

Ohhhhh, they are supposed to be thin. I thought Les accidentally smashed um. Hahahaha.

bebedeer said...

ok, i assume Les used can salmon? i wish i had thought of using them to make patties...what a great idea!!

:) josefina :) said...

The salmon patty looks ono! Love the sandwich thins too; they are only 1pt for weight watchers!

jalna said...

Fawn, she used fresh (raw) salmon, not canned. She said the cheap one (Atlantic?).

jalna said...

Hey josefina! Les gave me some of those sandwich thins, so I had a teriyaki chicken sandwich for dinner tonight!

Les said...

Smashed them????!! what the??? you probably thought I sat on them since they're so thin!

Les said...

oh yah, I grilled the salmon first then added it to the tofu....no can put raw salmon inside I don't think it would flake apart.

jalna said...

Thanks Les!! Guess what. I made myself a tuna melt too!! oink oink

Dd said...

Soooo.....this morning for breakfast,made some toast with the thins, I normally make 4 pc toast, but made 6 instead... Glenn says, what a great marketing idea..now u buying more bread ;o[

:) josefina :) said...

@Dd-then you gotta buy the pack from Costco. Got plenty inside for only $6 or so. :)
Tastes good toasted w/ nutella....yum!

jalna said...

Nutella!!