Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mr. Mandoo

I've been hearing a lot about Mr. Mandoo lately, and my sister Didi happened to mention it to me again today while I was in the area, so I dropped by. I can't decide if I should call it a Mandoopua or a Manadoo, but that's exactly what they sell . . . a steamed manapua (the bread part is really good) with mandoo filling.

They have four different varieties, but except for the kim chee one, they kinda seemed the same to me with only varying sauces.
It was good . . . go check it out. It's on Piikoi between Kona and Ala Moana Boulevard: 436A Piikoi Street, ph: 589-0555.

11 comments:

RONW said...

they probably should have throw in the whole mandoo, skin and all. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

Betty Townsend said...

they look good.

Les said...

hmmm I never even heard of this place before...cute the little Mr. Mandoo man! :)

jalna said...

Ron, I was small-kine disappointed that it didn't have the mandoo skin too.

Betty, was ono . . . very filling.

Les, I think it was Sam that first told me about it.

K and S said...

sounds interesting, fried mandoo sounds good about now too.

jalna said...

Kat, neat concept yeah!

K and S said...

hope they will be in business next year when I come home, so I can try them :)

jalna said...

Kat, I think they'll still be around. They're becoming very popular. Too bad I didn't post about it sooner while you were still here.

K and S said...

no problem, I think my cholesterol was just fine with all the goodies that I had while I was home :)

SW said...

SO is that all they sell there? Seems like they'd have to sell a lot to make money.. Manadoo.. funny, now I can't get that Olivia Newton song from that movie (Xanadu?) out of my head....

jalna said...

Shun-Wah, I think that IS all they sell there. Funny about the song!