Friday, May 29, 2009

Diamond Head Market & Grill

Diamond Head Market & Grill has become my favorite place to pick up lunch.

Kona was waiting for me in the car so I hurriedly took some quick shots.
Here's the blueberry cream cheese scones. Once in awhile when they're not busy, they'll also make banana scones . . . really, really ono.
I must tell you that once I bought a mochiko chicken bento from off the counter. It gave me and Landon a bad stomach ache. I'll never get it again.
Here's good ole Kona waiting patiently.
This is the Beechwood Smoked Ham with Havarti Cheese ($6.50). It may seem like just an ordinary sandwich, but it has a tiny bit of cranberry chutney on it that turns it into something special. I've actually had it for the last three weekends!
Here's the House Gravlox Appetizer ($7.25). Ono!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

wea? wea? wea is this store jalna?

jalna said...

Hahahaha, sorry, tippy. I've just added a link to my post. Diamond Head Market & Grill is on the corner of Monsarrat Avenue and Campbell Avenue.

Erick said...

I Love Gravlox!!! I usually make my own, but it takes days. Next time I going buy. Thanks for the 411 on DHM&G. Great shots!

Korean Cuisine said...

your photos just made me REALLY hungry. ack. i miss spam musabis.

SW said...

Nice quick shots...i've never been there but seen the chef on channel 2 morning show occasionally. The food looks really good!! Thx for checking it out!!

jalna said...

Hey Korean Cuisine, thanks for dropping by. YOUR photos ALWAYS make me hungry. I'm counting down the days with you! Soon you'll be able to go home and enjoy some spam musubis.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, this is awesome. We are hungry right now. Going to Daleville, a town next to Enterprise to eat sushi. Yesterday Denise and I went to eat Japanese food at a Japanese restaurant that is a block or so down from their coffee shop. It was ok. The rice was pretty dry though and I can't stand dry rice.

Unknown said...

Hey Dd, would you mind sharing the blueberry scone recipe? I'd love to have it!!!!

jalna said...

Hey Stephanie, you can contact Dd at Dd@ddstabletalk.com.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Will do :)

世田谷区民一号 said...

Hi, I just ran across your blog looking for the scone recipe. I love the scones at Diamond Head Market but live too far so can't eat it regularly. Can you please share the recipe? Thank you!

jalna said...

Hi Kanako. I don't have the recipe myself, but you can contact my sister Didi at Dd@ddstabletalk.com.

Kgirl said...

Oooh, I saw this post about trying to look for the recipe for the Diamond Head Grill Blueberry Cream Cheese scones. Does anyone have the recipe?

Kgirl said...

Hi, I just ran across your blog looking for the scone recipe as well. Does anyone have the recipe and can pass it on? Thanks!

jalna said...

Sorry God Chasers and Kgirl, I don't have the recipe.