So does Cy like buy all these things ala carte and then set up in a food court to eat or at home? I am always impressed by his set-up, especially if it's in the public??
Ha! He brings his own plum sauce for the buns. And 6 for $3? That is so cheap! Usually they cost $1.50 each. Duck looks so good - I went too late the other day to my favorite hole in the wall for duck noodle. They were closed by 2:30 and even the Filipino kitchen next to it was closing but I did manage to buy some pork adobo. Crazy oily and fatty, but ono!
yah that lady must have the hots for CY. LOL. she told me they only sell bao as in char siu, etc, not plain bun. I did end up going to the open market on Ft St and buying some stuff for banh mi but I also bought some frozen bao form Hong Kong Market across Oahu Market/Maunakea st. I found a rice cooker in our office so will try to steam the bao. Dang, my boss expects me to make all kine stuff. I also bought the duck from Kam's which is a little further in from Fongs in Oahu Market. Heard from several people that Kam's was even better than Fongs. Same price $20 for hald $40 for whole.
patisserie taisuke endo
-
Wanted to check out Patisserie Taisuke Endo for some time now.If I’m not
mistaken, he trained in France & ItalyHe has a cafe area where you can
enjoy cakes...
Downwinding 10-10-2026
-
Wind: Trades
The wind forecast called for more wind! Gotta go chance um!
Egan and Wes going out Kaimana early
Go time!!!!
Get some bumps!
...
Mixed Plate Friday
-
Koala Moa Huli Huli (?) Chicken | $20.99 Is this huli huli chicken or just
rotisserie chicken? Koala Moa used to be on Nimitz before they moved into…
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
12 comments:
So does Cy like buy all these things ala carte and then set up in a food court to eat or at home? I am always impressed by his set-up, especially if it's in the public??
Looks onolicious, but $20 just for the duck so expensive.
Izsmom
Ha! He brings his own plum sauce for the buns. And 6 for $3? That is so cheap! Usually they cost $1.50 each. Duck looks so good - I went too late the other day to my favorite hole in the wall for duck noodle. They were closed by 2:30 and even the Filipino kitchen next to it was closing but I did manage to buy some pork adobo. Crazy oily and fatty, but ono!
I think I'll have to take a walk down there to pick up some for happy hour tomorrow!!
v
looks great!
Looks like he’s out and about. 😂
Nowadays so expensive to eat out yah.
Your pork adobo sounds ono! LOL.
Sorry it didn’t work out as planned for you.
Does!
yah that lady must have the hots for CY. LOL. she told me they only sell bao as in char siu, etc, not plain bun.
I did end up going to the open market on Ft St and buying some stuff for banh mi but I also bought some frozen bao form Hong Kong Market across Oahu Market/Maunakea st. I found a rice cooker in our office so will try to steam the bao. Dang, my boss expects me to make all kine stuff.
I also bought the duck from Kam's which is a little further in from Fongs in Oahu Market. Heard from several people that Kam's was even better than Fongs. Same price $20 for hald $40 for whole.
Cy just went again, and he said the lady said "sorry no more. too busy."
Post a Comment