Monday, September 25, 2023

Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies

I made these crinkle cookies at Landon's request.  He had heard that you could make them using cake mix, and he even picked up a couple boxes when he went marketing.  

Lan wanted a buttery version so he bought a Butter Cake Mix.  I found a recipe that used butter instead of oil for even more buttery goodness.

Mix 6 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 eggs with a box of cake mix.  Several recipes say to refrigerate the dough for 1 hour, but it should be longer because even after 1 hour the dough was still sticky and hard to roll into balls.  

Form 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.  Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for around 10 minutes. 

My cookies came out bigger and flatter than supposed to, but they were still good . . . light and chewy with a bit of an outer crust.

IMG_5449

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you safe. I only like almond cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. (Hint hint)
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh, looks so yummy! And almost all eaten up!

Chet Colson said...

Lsndon's lucky to have mon the baker in the house. Sure looks scrumptious. I been on hiatus too, recovering from shoulder surgery.

Anonymous said...

Sounds easy enough to try. Looks light and crispy.

Izsmom

jalna said...

V, funny!

Aunty, it surprised me that Wendell likes it.

Chet, hope you recovering well.

Izsmom, try!

K and S said...

sounds easy to do and looks great!

Susan said...

Cake box cookies are the bestest!

jalna said...

Kat, it was pretty easy and fast.

Susan, I never knew!

Honolulu Aunty said...

I tried this last night with Trader Joe's blood orange cake mix. Pretty color but took longer than 10 minutes at 350° and mine were a little bigger (maybe too big). And I didn't have powdered sugar to coat (ants got 'em) so I used Inulin. Came out - meh. Glad that it was so easy though.

jalna said...

Aunty, glad you got to try make at least. Musta looked pretty. Now I gotta google "Inulin".