Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Sawsawan Dipping Sauce

Landon invited a few friends over this past weekend, and since I'm the Lumpia Queen nowadays, he asked me to make some.

Everybody liked the lumpia, but what surprised me was that the most asked-for recipe was the sawsawan sauce.  The recipe is from The Foodie Takes Flight site.  I used calamansi juice (because I had) and regular onion, not red (because I didn't have).

IMG_3408


  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1/2 tbsp calamansi juice or 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • Ground pepper
  • 1-2 tsp sugar adjust to desired sweetness
  • 2-3 siling labuyo, bird’s eye chiles, or other chiles of choice
  • 1 medium tomato diced
  • 1 medium red onion diced

7 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh, DAT looks so ono! I love sauces.

Anonymous said...

Looks good and the ingredients sound delicious!



Izsmom

K and S said...

sounds delicious! and sounds like it would match anything fried

jalna said...

Aunty, me too!

Izsmom, and easy to make!

Kat, for sure.

Susan said...

Almost like finadene 😊

Chet Colson said...

I wouldn't mind trying the sauce with nacho tortilla chips.

jalna said...

Susan, yes!

Chet, uuuuuu.