Thursday, May 27, 2021

Sales Tactics

Landon and Wendell have been into golfing lately, so these balls at the swap meet caught my eye.  The seller is a nice guy who goes way back to Kam Swap Meet days. 

As I studied the package he said, "Ask me if I'd sell them to you for $2."

I said, "Will you sell these to me for $2?"

He said, "Yes."

And so I bought um.

IMG_7835

Then there's this radio/CD player.  It sat at the corner of a table with other items that looked like they had come out of a storage locker.  I had been wanting a small CD player, and this one looked perfect.  It was going for $5.  I asked the seller if he had tested it out.  He admitted that he hadn't.

But he guaranteed me that there was a 99.9% probability that it would work.  I hesitated a little.  He lowered the price to $3.
IMG_7938

I took the chance.  Especially after seeing this notice still attached inside the CD player which led me to believe that it had never been used.
IMG_7934

One of the first things that I did when I got home was to plug in the player.  Guess what happened.

Nothing.  It doesn't work.  Kinda funny, yah.

So, I've been watching How To Fix a CD Player videos on YouTube.   I'm pretty certain that there's a 0.1% probability that I'll be able to fix it. 

6 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

You can do it!

Susan said...

Haha, too funny! At least the golf balls work!

K and S said...

bummer but hope you can fix it

jenny said...

Ah shucks, was worth the risk! Who knows, maybe your tinkering will work!

jalna said...

Aunty, I know you could. Me? Not so.

Susan, LOL. Landon likes the balls.

Kat, still studying and pressing buttons for now.

Jenny, totally worth the risk, yah!

Erick said...

Work, no work, no matter. You got it cheap that's the main thing. Ha ha