Monday, November 8, 2010

Kokua Market, 808 Urban and Gregory Isaacs

Always with a sense of community in mind Kokua Market allowed Prime and other members of 808 Urban to create a tribute to Gregory Isaacs on the side of their building. Since the completion of the mural I've witnessed scores of people enjoying the beautiful artwork, usually making sure to get a picture of themselves beside it.


IMG_0075a


IMG_0070a


IMG_0073a


IMG_0096a


IMG_0106a


IMG_0116a


IMG_0122a


IMG_0132a


IMG_0129a


IMG_0431a

15 comments:

K and S said...

nice!

jalna said...

I agree Kat. I love the colors.

SW said...

cool to see it from work in progress to completion.. the colors are soooo nice.. so how long was the whole process?

jalna said...

Shun Wah, I think it might've taken two sessions. I took most of my pictures on a Saturday afternoon. I returned on Sunday to find it almost done. The shot of the completed mural I took on Monday morning on my way to work.

Betty Townsend said...

Very nice! Amazing talent!

bebedeer said...

We saw the completed mural last week, on our way to the UH volleyball game. It was very cool!

jalna said...

Betty, I'm so proud of Prime!

Fawn, I'm so lucky I get to pass it everyday on my way home from work.

Erick said...

These guys are so amazing. I am just to blown away with what they create.

jalna said...

I know Erick. They never cease to amaze me.

Prime said...

I love to come here and steal photos..lol! fo real tho..I know, I'm bad but Jalna's photos brings the wall to life! Plus, I ask before I take=)btw, can you send me the high res ones? You da besesesss..

jalna said...

Prime, you know you can steal photos from me any time. I'll be mailing you a CD tomorrow with high-res photos of this mural, MJ and Washington Middle School.

bkpr1 said...

...so OUTSTANDING! - bkpr

jalna said...

I agree Vince!

Einnor the Giraffe said...

That's one slick mural! It's like looking at someone's dream. You cousins are prime for a shot at the big time...peace.

jalna said...

Thanks Einnor!