Saturday, June 16, 2018

Los Chaparros


Wendell felt like eating Mexican food last week Friday so we ended at at Los Chaparros on Beretania. 

Here is my Fajita Salad with Shrimp ($15.50). It had grilled vegetables in it and was so ono that next time I won't add on the shrimp. Neva need. I didn't even use the Ranch dressing that came with it. And it was so huge that I ate only half and had the rest for lunch the next day.
IMG_9042

This is Wendell's Chicken Chimichanga with Rice and Beans ($11.75). He said that it was good and ate all but about a fourth of it.
IMG_9041

It got really busy at around 7:00 pm, but our server BJ was calm and cordial and very attentive. Wendell left a good tip. If you go, maybe go early, especially since parking pretty much sucks there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, why you tell everyone about the secret place????
crowded enough! :)
v

jalna said...

Hahahaha, no worry, V . . . I no more much readers.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Mmmmm. Looks good! When I want to eat Mexican food, I go to Azteca's on Waialae Avenue and order their verde enchilade with cheese. And even though not supposed to, I put their homemade salsa on it. Yum. Now I want to eat Mexican food...

K and S said...

you get plenty readers Jalna:)

Anonymous said...

I have not been there in ages. Looks so onolicious.

Izsmom

Mark Shelby said...

It looks so Ono and so well done!

I just won't spend that much for a meal eating out. Because I am always Alone!

If I had a friend to enjoy a Chat.....Maybe. For the good food and ambience. Like a celebration of friendship and catching up on things. Talking Hawaiian Local Kine Story! Like Da good 'Ole days of Hawai'i ; )

jalna said...

Aunty, thanks for the tip. Wendell debated about going there.

LOL, Kat.

Izsmom, it had been awhile since we last went too.

Yah Mark, it was $$$$ to me too. I know Mexican food is way cheaper where you live.

Susan said...

Wow, Mexican food expensive here too.

Erick said...

I love their shrimp cocktail, it has salsa, guacamole and some other Mexican stuff. So ono.

jalna said...

Susan, too bad yah.

Erick, maybe I'll try it next time.