Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pieology


This past Friday, I found myself at Aina Haina Shopping Center a few minutes before 11:00 so I decided to wait for Pieology to open up. 

IMG_4550

It's a Subway-like pizza place.
IMG_4583

You can create your own pizza with unlimited toppings for $10.95.
IMG_4581

Or you can order one of their favorites. 
IMG_4582

Right from the beginning I started pressuring out. If you don't know how I pressure out, check out this story: Me and Drive-Throughs
IMG_4552

I just wanted a chicken/spinach/garlic pizza . . . 
IMG_4553

but all the different choices made me indecisive.  Ummmm . . . some kind of white sauce please . . . 
IMG_4554

ummm . . . ummm . . . spinach . . . and ummm . . . how about some mushrooms . . .  ummm . . . ummm . . . okay . . . might as well throw in some olives . . . and ummm . . . is the garlic here? . . . or further on?  . . . .
IMG_4555

 . . . ummm . . . chicken . . .  I was thinking that the portions of the ingredients being put on my pizza were sparse, and I did hear people in front of me saying, "more please", but I was too shame to ask for more . . . and . . . 
IMG_4559

in no time my pizza got put into the oven.  I gave them my easy name "Sue", and I waited. 
IMG_4556

This was the line after me. 
IMG_4561

When Wendell came home and saw the Pieology box on the counter he got excited . . . until he opened the cover.  He said, "You ordered THAT?" Ummm . . . yes folks . . . I did order THAT.
IMG_3441


14 comments:

Kay said...

Hmmmm... interesting. What a fun place! I'm going to have to mention this to my daughter. They're coming in a couple of weeks. Yay! Was there anchovies?

Anonymous said...

j: OMG the choices, the choices! I can see why they have such a long line as everyone is probably dithering too. And the prices are very reasonable considering all the toppings. Did the line move fast though? -N

K and S said...

did you like it?

Mark Shelby said...

We have a place like this in San Diego. It's called Pizza Studio. But yours looks better with many more choices. Very nice!

Susan said...

So you don't like the tomato sauce on your pizza ? Or is the absence of tomato sauce because of pressuring out?? Lol, I'd totally eat that pizza : )

jalna said...

Kay, I don't think they had anchovies.

N, choke choices yah! The line did move pretty fast.

Kat, I think I woulda liked it better had I been more creative and more assertive with the "motto motto".

Mark, according to this article, they're planning to open 20 Pieologys in Hawaii: http://www.fastcasual.com/news/pieology-pizzeria-opens-first-of-20-hawaii-locations/

Mark Shelby said...

Cool!

Oh LOOK! They have RED Onions! <~~~~! ; )

And FYI......a better tasting bell pepper other than the green they have, would be either Red or Orange. These are much sweater and not as tart and tasteless as the green bell peppers. Try them sometime. I think I'm going to plant them this summer.

Anonymous said...

You are what we call "pizza pie aggressive" ....no like act all you not da kine and then come home and be all DA KINE. Like go eat da strawberry!;) but this is why you blog!;)

Talk about manini ...I can count the olives.

jalna said...

LOL, Mark.

Anon, next time I will try to be more DA KINE.

Honolulu Aunty said...

I better not go. I am not able to say motto motto and I'll leave disappointed. So was it ono?

Kalin's Mommy said...

LOL, now you know what get, so you no "pressure out".

jalna said...

Aunty, it was ono, but coulda been better.

Mich, I gonna study the take out menu before going so that I know exactly what to order.

Mark Shelby said...

I used to make home made pizza in my kitchen with my son and daughter. Cooking in our kitchen was always a fun project. Good close time and teaching my kids.

I found a fun vid on how to make "Totally Adorable" ; ) ....home made pizza.

Enjoy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlK4b-K0870

jalna said...

She is so cute, Mark. Thanks!