Sunday, May 22, 2016

Bob's Pizzeria


I took a couple of days off last week, so me and Wendell actually got to go holo holo together. Mostly I just hanged out with him while he did some errands. 

At lunch time we ended up in Kailua at Bob's Pizzeria. Wendell had read that President Obama liked their pizza so he was curious.  I hadn't been to Kailua in ages and was surprised to see how much it had changed. I couldn't get over all the tourists riding bikes on the street. 

IMG_4498

IMG_4489

IMG_4496

IMG_4497

A "slice" of pizza is a quarter of a pie and is actually two pieces. Here's the Spinach/Garlic/Pepperoni ($7.27). I liked it a lot.
IMG_4503

Here's the Bob's Special ($7.90).
IMG_4505

Wendell said he likes it better than Pieology. I haven't tried Pieology's pizza yet, so I can't say myself.

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

where in kailua is this?? Never heard of it...looks good though! Maybe i'll give it a try next time I go to my mom's

jalna said...

Les, it's in Kailua Beach Center, same place got Island Snow.

K and S said...

this looks good!

Mark Shelby said...

Seems very nice, but very high priced. That's what high rents are doing to Hawaii businesses. And we the people have to pay for it. Sad.

jalna said...

That's true, Mark. We bought a third slice to take home for Landon, so our bill was over $25.

jalna said...

It was deeeelicious, Kat!

Mark Shelby said...

OMG Jalna. $25 bucks? I just go to Costco and get my $2 Dollar slice. Works fo me. I'm a cheapskate! ; )

I'm like one Pake Haole Boy!.....LOL!

jalna said...

Mark, good thing Wendell reached into his pocket before me! You ever saw that commercial with the alligator and his alligator arms who cannot reach to get the bill in the restaurant? It cracks me up.

Mark Shelby said...

Yup, saw that commercial. It reminds me of my ex wife! .....LOL ; )

Susan said...

We stayed in Kailua in '07. Walked to the beautiful beach. Went to the night market and had breakfast at a popular place but don't remember the name : )

jalna said...

HAHAHAHA, Mark!

I agree that the beach is really beautiful, Susan. There are a bunch of good breakfast places in Kailua, but I've only been to one . . . and ummmmm . . . I don't remember the name either . . . sheese.