Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wendell's Cauliflower Soup


When Wendell answered, "Cauliflower soup" to my "Whatcha making?" question, I secretly thought, "cauliflower soup? hmmm"  I'd never eaten cauliflower soup before and I had my doubts about whether I'd like it or not. 

Trepidatiously (I had to look it up), I took my first sip.  It was absolutely DEEEEEELICIOUS!!  I was shocked.  Unlike some chowders which can sometimes be a bit too thick for my liking, this soup was light and yet so tasty.  

IMG_3924

The recipe can be found here. Wendell also threw in some sliced mushrooms and fried bacon, which to me is what really put it over the top.

8 comments:

Lorna said...

OMG, yummers!

Anonymous said...

That looks and sounds yummy! I love Vichyssoise (cold potato soap) and cauliflower sounds delish. I don't like cauli. raw but slightly cooked. Does Wendall cook every day? My g/f's husband loves to cook and for 30+ years of marriage he has cooked. She had the clean-up duties. She knows how lucky she is,like you.

K and S said...

yummy!

Susan said...

I love soup! All kinds : ) yup bacon can do wonders to a lot of stuff.

jalna said...

For real, Lorna!!

Wendell cooks dinner most days. I try to cook when I'm off, but I suck.

Really shocked me, Kat.

Me too, Susan. I love soup.

Erick said...

So few ingredients. I have to try this. Tell Wendell to open a restaurant. I'll be the first diner.

Nippon Nin said...

I have to get some cauliflower! This looks so good!

jalna said...

Thanks Erick! I'll tell him.

You'll like it Akemi.