Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Waimanalo Beach Park


Me and my sisters went to Waimanalo Beach Park this past weekend. I wish we had read the following TripAdvisor review first. 

“Beautiful...but overrun with druggies”
2 of 5 starsReviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Beach is gorgeous...just dont go to the bathroom. Had to wade through a "tent city" of drugged out homeless people just to get to the bathroom with my 4 year old son..then we find 6 homeless men in the womens restroom shooting up.
IMG_3888a

We wondered why there was so much parking available.  When we passed by the pavilion on the way to the beach we realized why. A lot of scaaaaaary people were hanging out there.  One followed us on his bike.  We whispered to each other that we should leave. As soon as I turned around to head back to the car, the bike rider let out a loud whistle.  I'm guessing that he was warning his friends that we were heading back.  

I don't know if they were planning to break into our car or if it was my camera gear hanging from my neck that they were interested in.  Either way I'm not ever going back there again.  Sad, yah.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

J:OMG thanks for the warning. I'm glad you're safe. You guyz were wise to leave - that is so spooky. How sad that a beautiful public resource is spoiled by a gang of drugged out bums. That's why I think the C&C raid and clean out the beaches. ITA they prolly wanted to rob you and/or your car seeing women. Be safe! -N

K and S said...

scary!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Very sad...

jalna said...

N, I felt compelled to let you guys know. It was a relief to make it back to the car safely.

Sooo scary, Kat.

Mich, it makes me both mad and sad.

jenny said...

Omigosh, that is super scary. Thanks for the heads up!

Leslie's pics said...

holy moly!! Good thing you never stay. Yah bad stuff around there :(

jalna said...

Too bad yah, Jenny. It's a really beautiful beach.

Imagine I was thinking of going there for photo shoots, Les. Good thing I never did.

K & F said...

Terrible in paradise. So sad and sick!!!

A side question, Is Jalna you first name? My mother's name is Jalna!!
Take care, K

jalna said...

I agree, K & F . . . sad and sick. Yes, my first name is Jalna. I only met one other "Jalna" in my whole life, although my mom knew someone in high school with that name and she liked it so she gave it to me! Her name was Jalna Keala. Not your mom, is it?

Honolulu Aunty said...

Waaaah! How sad - they should bust those druggies and send them away. Amazing that the Waiamanalo locals allow it to be like that.

Call Mayor Caldwell - eh, Mayor, clean it up!

Susan said...

That is sad and scary. Will the government be able to do anything about that?

jalna said...

I wish they would send um away too, Aunty!

Susan, empty parking lot at a beautiful beach . . . very sad, yah.

Mark Shelby said...

OMG! This is so sad!

I played here as a kid way back when! Like the 1950's 1960's +

Can't stand to hear this.

If I was Deah!

Look OUT! I would clean it up Big Time!

jalna said...

Wish you was hea, Mark!