Thursday, December 27, 2012

Yee Haw!!!

It's ova!!!  Hallelujah!! One more time . . . Yee hawwwww!!!!   The Christmas "giving" season is no fun for me . . . it stresses me out to the max.  I am so Scrooge-ish that I didn't even attend our company party.  Bah, humbug.  Make sure you check out Leslie's pictures from the party here

The last two Christmases, have been small-kine different for me. There's a guy named Dean Nakamaru in my life.  His blog is Courtsdawnpatrol.  Dean just loves Christmas.  And its because he is such a caring and giving guy that it brings him joy to be able to show his appreciation to others.  Dean's heart is starting to warm my heart. 

In the meantime, while my heart is warming, and now that my favorite time of the year has just bitten the dust,  I can go on with the blog. I still have Japan pictures to share with you . . . two more days worth.  I'll be working on them next.  Here are just a few miscellaneous stuff for now.

Les gave me this Nakata ume (11%) that she brought back from Japan.
IMG_6958

CQ loooved it.  I thought it was sowah.
IMG_6968

I was missing Japan ramen with the boiled egg in it.  I went online to find out how to make that egg . . . you know the kine with the shoyu on the outside.  I found out that all you do is cook the boiled egg in shoyu. That's all.
IMG_7204

I used this soy sauce.  Came out goooooood.
IMG_7208

Here are a couple last-minute holiday photos that I took. If you didn't do yours yet, let me know.  I'm free now.  This is Noreen and family.
IMG_7300

IMG_7279

Runa and family.
IMG_7369

IMG_7356

And lastly . . . I bought this bird feeder from the swap meet awhile back, just before going to Japan.  It was $1. I finally put it together two days ago.  Sweetie gave me some bird seed.  I was soooo excited to watch the birds gather at my feeder.
IMG_7437

I hung it on the tangerine tree.  So far, no birds. Not one. What do I gotta do now?  Help!!
IMG_7438

Grandpa update:  Wendell's dad is still in the hospital.  It looked really bad at one point, but he's been improving slowly.  Luckily, Wendell has some excess leave so he's been able to stay home to watch Aunty (his disabled sister).  We're now looking into an adult day care program for her.  

That's all for now.  Will be back soon.

10 comments:

DNakamaru said...

You're too nice! Thanks!
Dawn makes my love Christmas so much. She was so HAPPY to get Santa's autograph!!!!!!

Les said...

Bah!

Erick said...

The eggs looks ono! I hope grandpa gets well soon.

jalna said...

She got Santa's autograph!! That's so cute Dean!!

Hahahaha, Les.

jalna said...

Thanks Erick!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Nice family pics!

SW said...

that first shot made me squint cuz it looked so sour.. The egg looked real tasty..

jalna said...

Thanks Mich.

Hahahaha. Funny Shun Wah.

Nippon Nin said...

I have to try making shoyu egg soon.Great family photos!

jalna said...

Thanks Akemi!