Saturday, July 25, 2026

Dd's Aunty Sally's Morning Biscuits

Aunty Sally is my mom's sister and this is her recipe.  Back in the day my mom used to make this biscuit all the time.

Didi says:   SOOO easy……  SOOO …FYI-I make ½ recipe … in a loaf pan…..love love all da more crispy edges…..  I consider myself a biscuit FAN (obsessed)….. this is my fave fave of all times….  Probably because I can smell it from the late 60’s …..


20260718_070303 2

 

MORNING BISCUITS (Sally Tellio) from Dd’s Table Talk Cookbook


(1/2 recipe)

2 TB                1/4 c. butter, softened

¼ c.                 1/2 c. sugar

1 c.                  2 c. all purpose flour

1 ½ tsp.           1 TB baking powder

¼ tsp.              1/2 tsp. salt

¼ c.                 1/2 c. cream

¼ c.                 1/2 c. water

 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees; lightly grease an 8-inch baking pan. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream and water. Spread into prepared pan; bake 15 minutes. Serves 6.

8 comments:

vickinags said...

love biscuits with butter and honey! But can the something be substituted for the cream? don't usually have that.
I think I told you story of Uncle Ronald making the best biscuits ever so my sister wanted the recipe. Hers came out junky several times so she went over to watch him make. Well, 1 cup of flour didn't mean measuring cup. Meant a certain coffee cup. and 1 tbs meant a certain spoon from his tableware, etc. When my sister measured out what he used to acutal measures, it came out perfect.
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh yum! With melted butter....

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Izsmom

Chet Colson said...

that biscuit would go great with blueberry jam.
Ah, you're a biscuit afficionado 👏 😋

jalna said...

I don't remember Uncle Ronald's biscuits. But then again, my memory . . .

About the cream, Didi said: You probably can substitute sour cream...but taste will be different ...kinda tangy...i would thin it out with a dash of milk...maybe add baking soda as well since that will activate the sour cream 'cause you need the biscuits to rise... i neva tried to substitute 'cause I love da cream flavah!

jalna said...

I know!!! Buttah!!

jalna said...

I used to love the crunchy bits!

jalna said...

Uuuuuuuuu!!