Friday, May 18, 2018

Gokoku Sushi


I met Annie at Gokoku Sushi for lunch the other day. I was kinda surprised to see the wax display on the outside. I'd passed by the restaurant several times before, and I don't remember ever having seen the display. Turns out that they have new owners since September of last year, and they must've stepped up the game.

I really enjoyed my meal, and I wouldn't mind going back again, especially since they give a 15% discount from 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

This is the udon that came with my Tempura Donburi Set ($14 including tax).
DSCF1953

This is my Tempura Don. The meal was yummy.
DSCF1950

Here's Annie's Tempura Set ($18 including tax).
DSCF1946

Here are a few pages from their menu.
DSCF1941

DSCF1938

DSCF1936

DSCF1935

DSCF1933

DSCF1929

DSCF1922

DSCF1927

Thanks Annie! It was nice seeing you again.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Jalna! Thanks for the lunch date and cute cards! Yes food was delicious. I ate the leftovers for dinner!! Still tasted good. The views of the marina and mountains were awesome too.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks good! Except I like cheap lunches. Though this one looks ono and fresh.

K and S said...

kinda pricey, but everything looks good!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everything looks delicious! I never heard of this place. Gotta go check it out.

Izsmom

Chet Colson said...

We go to Teishoku at the Kalihi Shopping Center. This place is a cut above, out of our league. Nah, will put this place on the bucket list. Love the ambience, great view.

Susan said...

Mmm, love all the pickled side dishes : )

Dd said...

gee whiz...not Gyutaku, now Gyukoku..... ?? looks like near you, in HKai ??

jalna said...

Annie, you're welcome!

Aunty, me too.

Kat, I liked the ambience. It actually surprised me.

You'll like it, Izsmom.

Chet, once in awhile is good. Never heard of Teishoku. I like that name. Gonna go look it up.

Me too, Susan.

Dd, yah in Koko Marina.