Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wendell's Eggplant Parmesan


Wendell made this sometime last week.  It was winnahs.  The recipe is from Allrecipe.com and is actually called Eggplant Parmesan II. 

IMG_3112

IMG_3119

IMG_3136

3 eggplants, peeled and thinly sliced
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
1 16 oz. package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 tsp. dried basil

Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs.  Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated over for 5 minutes on each side.

Spread spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.  Repeat with remaining ingredients ending with the cheeses.  Sprinkle basil on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.

10 comments:

Erick said...

Looks ono and easy!

jalna said...

It looked easy while I was watching Wendell make it, Erick. I probably would mess it up somehow though.

DNakamaru said...

Looks awesome!

Hey I been seeing a bunch of ono food posts on Facebook/ono kine grinds from you and didi!

Cool!!!

jalna said...

Thanks Dean! I did notice a huge spike in my hits coming from Facebook.

Kay said...

This looks great!

jalna said...

I loooove eggplant, Kay.

Nippon Nin said...

Rats! Egg plants were on sale last week at Asian market. I wish I saw this earlier.

jalna said...

I would love to see what you can do with eggplant, Akemi!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Your photos are amazing. I can almost taste the food!!

Came across a food blog - vegetarian, organic, healthy one when I was searching for a recipe for Kim Chee soup, and she is having a food photo contest to win a book on how to shoot food photos - and thought to myself, Jalna should enter!

Here's the page: http://www.fortheloveoffoodblog.com/tasty-food-photography-e-book/

Good luck, good eating, and mahalo for sharing!

jalna said...

Ooooh thanks, Honolulu Aunty. I would love a book on food photography! I'll check it out.