Sunday, September 11, 2011

Water Writes Mural at HCC

I finally got to check out the Water Writes mural at HCC today.  You can find out more about the mural in this NonStop Honolulu blog post and at the Estria Foundation website.  Unfortunately, the area near the mural was locked up and I didn't know how to get close so I had to shoot from an adjacent parking lot maybe 50 yards or more away while standing on top of a cement block and tiptoeing to avoid the wire fence which was obstructing my view. I lucked out that I had just come from a basketball game so I had my 70-200mm zoom lens with me.   Although I was able to shoot over the fence, there was no way I could avoid the orange cones which were lining the area in front of the mural.  Still I'm happy with the way this 5-shot pano turned out.   And I'm even happier that I can share it with you with the nifty horizontal scroll slider that I learned how to do.  Funny how things work out yah!  I made the picture REALLY BIG so that you can check out all the details.  Look carefully.  It's pretty amaaaazing!




Water Rights Pano

Horizontal scroll


Here's a shot with my zoom at 70mm from atop my perch.
IMG_8884


Those who made it possible:

IMG_8877

11 comments:

K and S said...

awesome! I think the cone & fence help keep the size real.

jalna said...

Thanks Kat, you're right. I added another photo to help give an even better perspective.

Prime said...

Jalna, you're AWESOOOMMMMMME!

Les said...

Awesome mural! You lucky you never fell down!!! Next time call me, you can use me as your lean on post :)

jalna said...

Hahahaha, no Prime . . . YOU ARE!

That's so funny Les, 'cause the last time I was with Prime's daughter, that's exactly what I did . . . fall off one wall and got puka pants.

Erick said...

Cool pano! He really out did himself, awesome mural.

jalna said...

Thanks Erick. There are a whole bunch of artists and others who contributed to the making of the mural. I've included a cropped image with all of the names.

Betty Townsend said...

Absolutely amazing!! The colors are so vivid; there is so much in it!

DNakamaru said...

Mural and Pano - super cool!

jalna said...

Thanks Dean!

jalna said...

I agree Betty!