Friday, June 15, 2012

State of Hawaii Unclaimed Property

My coworker Michele turned me on to this.  It is so interesting. There is this law:

The State of Hawaii Unclaimed Property Law as defined in HRS 523A requires organizations to review their records annually to determine if they are holding any funds, securities, or other property that has been unclaimed for the required dormancy period. Holders include companies, businesses, corporations, partnerships, professional associations, non-profit organizations, private organizations, government entities or state agencies in possession of unclaimed property. The law requires these holders to report such unclaimed property to the State of Hawaii, Department of Budget and Finance, Unclaimed Property Program.

And so, the State of Hawaii has an unclaimed property database that you can access and check to see if you have unclaimed money owed to you. Here's the link:  https://www.ehawaii.gov/lilo/app

I know . . . you're suspicious . . . and you no like click on the link.   Okay, so do a Google search by typing in "State of Hawaii unclaimed property search".   I just started fussing around and I already found four people I know that are owed some extra moolah.

6 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

The State of California has a program like that too. Every once in a while there will be a story in the newspaper with a link to check it out. I've never found anyone on there that I knew. It is interesting though.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!!! I started writing in friends names. Well, I started with mine and nuthin. Anyways, one of my friend has a $30 check. Thanks...that was fun. -lance

DNakamaru said...

That's cool!

I got some $ coming to ME!

Randism said...

wow! i've known about this for years but i neva have nutin fo get but now i do! 38 bux from oceanic! how come dey neva just send me one email or letta?!?!?!? tanks jalna!

Erick said...

Do I have anything?

jalna said...

I thought it was so interesting too Betty.

I neva have nothing for me too, Lance.

You do Dean! Hahaha!

Score Rand!

You do Erick! Big bucks.