Sunday, August 1, 2010

Palolo Higashi Hongwanji Bon Dance 7-30-2010

Friday after a hard day's work I rushed over to the Palolo Hongwanji bon dance. I told Erick that if I couldn't find parking I would go home. I grew up in Palolo so I know the back streets well and found parking close by. I called Erick and asked where he was . . . he said he was at home eating chili. I guess he didn't have faith in my parking-finding skills. Anyway, being the good buddy that he is, he rushed over . . . whatapal yeah!

I didn't realize until the end of the night that I had a polarizing filter on my 35mm lens, which is like having sunglasses on them . . . so babooze again. Erick said, "What . . . you couldn't tell?" I said, "What . . . no!"

I applied choke contrast and did some major edge sharpening to the first photo and thought it came out so cool. I loooove Photoshop.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh I wish I knew about this one! I grew up across the street from Palolo Hongwanji and used to go to the bon dances there!

Erick said...

You so lucky to have such great friends. They drop their chili, rush down to keep you company. You promise to hold a parking spot by parking in two stalls. When I show up the car behind moves up and now not even a Smart car can fit. There was an open spot under a "NO PARKING" sign. My car was still there when we left so it worked out well. Bon dance was fun too!

Betty Townsend said...

Great pictures.

jalna said...

Ahahahaha Erick, I swear I didn't realize your truck is soooooo long! Thanks for joining me!

Thanks Betty.

Les said...

I don't know where you get all your energy from...wow, Erick dropped his chili to meet you? You must be special!! :) cute pics!

jalna said...

Hah Les? You da one that goes running after work.

jason.f.leong said...

no pictures of your favorite nephew... tsk tsk

SW said...

Nice! whatever boosting you did in the first shot made it look really cool! What lens did you use? These came out super sharp and no noise! (sooo jellos) Great shots of the cute kids and that crazy group pose...funny..

jalna said...

Awww bummahs Rick. I was talking to a lady there who attends the Palolo bon dance every year, and she said that this year was the most crowded she's ever seen.

Thanks Shun Wah. See my next post, just for you.

jalna said...

Jason, my bad. I didn't realize that I hadn't taken a picture of you until too late.