Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fabulous Pho and Heavenly Salad

My favorite thing to eat lately has been this Fabulous Pho ($7.50) from Loving Hut.

IMG_9857

I usually put it together in my little microwavable bowl to eat. I love all the different ingredients that go into making it so flavorful.

IMG_9863

I tried this Heavenly Salad ($7.00) once and I didn't like it at all. It's mostly shredded cabbage. I never thought people really ate shredded raw cabbage . . . except Justin Fujioka who Yosh says just chomps on a head of cabbage like he's eating an apple. Anyway, isn't raw cabbage usually just used as a garnish? It took me forever to eat . . . chew, chew, chew, chew.

IMG_0258

16 comments:

mmiissee said...

Would that be real pork meat? Looks good though! Another place for me to try.

Leslie's pics said...

your pho looks good, not sure about the cabbage salad though...cabbage give me gas :O That may be a little too much information for this site yah?

jalna said...

No mmiissee, that's not meat. Loving Hut is vegan . . . no meat. They also have a fake shrimp made from konnyaku!

Betty Townsend said...

Looks yum!

jalna said...

Hmmmmm Les, wonda if Justin Fujioka is gassy.

jalna said...

Betty, it is!

K and S said...

sounds delicious! though I would need some kind of dressing not just the raw cabbage :)

jalna said...

Kat, there was a vinegary, sweet dressing that came with the salad. The dressing was tasty but still RAW cabbage? I'm still surprised that people actually eat it.

K and S said...

whenever we go to eat tonkatsu in Japan (and some places in Hawaii) they always serve it will a mound of raw cabbage, super good with the tonkatsu sauce on it :)

mmiissee said...

Oooh, fake shrimp? that sounds good...I love konnyaku. How much was the pho?

Unknown said...

HEY! Dat looks like SPAM!!!

jalna said...

mmiissee, the pho is normally $7.50, but if you take it out they charge you $.50 for the biodegradable container. I've been bringing my own containers . . . saves me $.50 pluse it's sooo green la dat.

CQ, fake fake fake.

jalna said...

Wow Kat, I guess I gotta give it another chance.

Dd said...

OMG....they are opening up a franchise by my house...on Pensacola, across from Safeway

jalna said...

Whaaaaaat?? Another one?

Dd said...

They are all over the "world" China, Japan, Singapore, France, Panama...you name it...and in US too