Sunday, August 29, 2010

Accident

A truck flipped over in Hawaii Kai the other night. Luckily the driver seemed unhurt , although he was a bit unsteady on his feet. A few of us nosy people hung around to watch the truck get loaded onto a flatbed. I was the last to leave, not because I was the nosiest, but only because I wanted to get pictures for anybody who might be interested. Uh huh . . . really.

IMG_4597

IMG_4598

IMG_4599

IMG_4606

IMG_4611

IMG_4616

IMG_4618

IMG_4619

IMG_4623

IMG_4625

IMG_4626

IMG_4630

IMG_4632

IMG_4633

IMG_4634

IMG_4637

IMG_4641

IMG_4645

IMG_4650

IMG_4652

IMG_4653

IMG_4654

IMG_4659

IMG_4661

9 comments:

Les said...

Wow, that was neat the way they flipped the car over! But uh...didn't someone mention something about a Mercedes??? ahahahahaaaa!!!

celia said...

Thanks for sticking around. You really captured this feat. I would have been curious as to how to get a flipped truck onto a flatbed.

jalna said...

Hahahaha, Les I know . . . when the truck flipped over I was like . . . "it's a truck!"

Celia, there was a whole bunch of us curious people.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, you're one of those lookey-lous! hahahaha!! Amazing how the tow truck driver got that truck turned around. I'm looking at the pictures and wondering what he is doing. Pretty cool! Was this by your house, jalna?

jalna said...

Yup Betty, I am so a lookey-lous . . . and Wendell is the same!! Hahahaha. The accident was kinda in my area.

Randism said...

jeez; i'm glad wasn't my car cuz den you wood b taking all the pikchaz an den everybody would know dat 1) i was picking da heinaken from your yard in da dark and 2) i neva wear one clean pair of unda ware!

jalna said...

Hahahaha Rand, dat's right!

Erick said...

Cool sequence. Once I watched this tow truck guy try and try and try to flip a car on its wheels. Then another guy came, ran a chain under the and attached it to the frame on the other side. He hooked to other end of the chain to his tow truck and with one quick pull the car flipped over and landed on its wheels. He was done in 10 minutes. Experience counts for tow truck drivers too.

jalna said...

Erick, I was kinda intrigued watching (it doesn't take much to intrigue me BTW). I wasn't sure if he meant to have the truck end up sideways on the bed or not, but I kept wondering how he was gonna fix that.